Sunday Apr 18, 2021
Sunday Apr 18, 2021
On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we review the latest news, and information for the ASC Industry, discuss COVID-19 Vaccinations, Review Recent Guidance from CMS on Emergency Preparedness and in our focus segment, prepare you for Medicare Quality Reporting in May 2021.
This episode sponsored by:
Resources from this Episode:
- Updated Guidance for Emergency Preparedness-Appendix Z of the State Operations Manual (SOM) Memo #QSO-21-15-ALL
- Burden Reduction Final Rule Interpretive Guidelines: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is releasing interpretive guidelines and updates to Appendix Z of the State Operations Manual (SOM) as a result of the revisions of the Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Regulatory Provisions to Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction (CoPs) (CMS 3346-F) Final Rule. • Expanded Guidance related to Emerging Infectious Diseases (EIDs): CMS is also providing additional guidance based on best practices, lessons learned and general recommendations for planning and preparedness for EID outbreaks.
- Medicare Quality Reporting (ASCQR)
- All data ASCs are responsible for reporting to CMS for 2021 will be submitted through CMS’s website at https://qualitynet.cms.gov/asc/ascqr
- The deadline for submitting ASCQR Program data is May 17, 2021, due to May 15 falling on a Saturday this year.
- Here is the HARP User Guide: https://qnetconfluence.cms.gov/display/HS/HARP
- Here is a tutorial on creating an account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zj8JqxWg4
- Here is a tutorial about requesting a user role: https://qnetconfluence.cms.gov/display/HS/HARP
- Here is a tutorial for the security administrator to approve a user role: https://qnetconfluence.cms.gov/display/HS/HARP
- Here is a tutorial on how to make changes you you HARP user profile: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaV7m2-zFKphoCXj7sIx2G1fwMZQQ0EJP
- Here is a tutorial for clients who have have forgotten their user ID or password: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXt1lEiARAs&list=PLaV7m2-zFKphoCXj7sIx2G1fwMZQQ0EJP&index=3
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Interpretive Guidelines for ASCs
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!