Saturday May 30, 2020
Saturday May 30, 2020
On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle recorded live on May 29, 2020, we caught up on all the recent news, discussed the latest guidelines for Personal Protective Equipment and N95 Masks, reviewed CARE program reporting requirements for the Medicare Provider Relief Fund Program and the Payroll Protection Program, Discussed insurance companies that are requesting proof for non-elective procedures performed during the crisis and discussed the issue of air exchanges and intubation.
Don’t forget to sign up for the ASC Finance, Accounting and Reimbursement Virtual Seminar, Presented by Coding Compliance Management, LLC and the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, June 11 and 12, 2020
Make sure you are Compliant with Infection Control Regulations with the Infection Control Coordinator Training Program 2020
Downloads and Links Discussed During this Episode:
- The CDC has provided guidance for travelers in the United States at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html.
- Joint Commission Resuming Surveys in June - See the full announcement here.
- Providers Must Act by June 3 to Receive Additional CARES Provider Relief Funds - Here is the link to the attestations and uploads.
- Air Exchanges During and After Intubation - AORN Guideline for Transmission-Based Precautions. In: Guidelines for Perioperative Practice. Denver, CO: AORN, Inc.: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-recommendations.html#take_precautions
- Payroll Protection Program Guidance for Reporting: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP-IFR-Loan-Forgiveness.pdf#page=16
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Get a copy of John’s newest book - the 2020 Edition of The Survey Guide - A Guide to the CMS Conditions for Coverage & Interpretive Guidelines for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Visit the ASC Podcast with John Goehle Website
Benefits of Becoming a Patron Member
Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!