Tuesday Jul 18, 2023
Tuesday Jul 18, 2023
On this episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle we discuss the latest news in the ASC Industry and in our focus segment, discuss the proposed CMS 2024 HOPD/ASC Payment Rule including the proposed changes to the ASC Quality Reporting Program.
Notes and Resources from this Episode:
Beckers ASC review – N Carolina physician found guilty of reusing single use devices
Physician pay cuts
Violence against HCW- hand surgeon shot
Focus Segment - 2023 Payment Rule
- CMS Summary:
- Actual Payment Proposal:
- Link to the Addendum:
- Link to the OAS CAHPS Website:
2023 Multi-State Virtual ASC Conference
The Complete Recording of the Two-Day 2023 Multi-State Virtual ASC Conference is now available for your convenience! Couldn't make it to the live conference? No worries! We've got you covered with recordings of all eight enlightening 2-hour sessions. Attending live conferences can be expensive and time-consuming for your staff. That's why we're offering an incredible opportunity to access the conference recordings right from your facility for just $299.99!
Discover more about the conference and explore the detailed agenda by visiting: https://ascpodcast.com/2023_multistate/
This comprehensive program has received approval for up to 16.0 hours of AEUs (for CASC Certificants) and up to 4.0 hours of IPCHs (for CAIP Certificants) by BASC Provider #2618.
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Infection Control Survey Tool (Used by Surveyors for Infection Control)
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers - Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
ASC Podcast with John Goehle Patron Program
- Benefits of Becoming a Patron Member
- Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!
The ASC-Central Premium Access Program
- A Premium Resource for Ambulatory Surgery Centers including access to bootcamps, education programs and private sessions
Books by John Goehle