Monday Oct 09, 2023
Monday Oct 09, 2023
On this episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we discuss the latest news, review the rising crisis in Anesthesia in ASCs and the supervision of CRNAs, discuss the concerns about the role of Private Equity in the Anesthesia Crisis, Celebrate Sterile Processing Week and in our focus segment, for Cybersecurity Awareness Month discuss Cybersecurity with Paul Alcock from Surgical Information Systems.
This episode is sponsored by Surgical Information Systems.
Notes and Resources from this Episode:
Abbott Medical Recall of Proclaim Spinal Cord Stimulators
Texas ASC Operator to Settle False Claims Allegation
- Beckers ASC review on September 14th 2023
FTC Challenges Private Equity Firms (suppressing competition in the anesthesia market)
California Medical Association reported in April 2023 that Contracted Physicians with Anthem California will be required to maintain privileges with at least one participating ASC
Focus Segment - Cyber Security Month with Paul Alcock
- Surgical Information Systems (http://sisfirst.com)
Join one of our Membership Programs!
- Our Patron Program:
- Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers.
- More information and Become Member
- The ASC-Central Premium Access Program
- A Premium Resource for Ambulatory Surgery Centers including access to bootcamps, education programs and private sessions
- More Information and Become a Premium Access Program Members Today!
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Infection Control Survey Tool (Used by Surveyors for Infection Control)
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers - Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Books by John Goehle